Tax Deadline Extension
Income Tax Filing & Payment Deadlines Extended
The April 15th Tax Deadline That You Have Come to Know is Delayed Until July 15, 2020.
The deadline to both FILE and PAY all federal and Connecticut income taxes, as well as most other states, is extended to July 15, 2020. This includes 2019 income taxes as well as 2020 estimated income tax payments that are typically due 4/15/2020 and 6/15/2020.
You also have until July 15, 2020 to make any deposits to Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s) and Medical Savings Accounts (MSA’s).
You do not need to file a request for extension to benefit from the extended due date.
Federal & State Resources
- Internal Revenue Services - Income Tax Filing & Payment Deadlines Extended
- Connecticut - DRS COVID-19 Response: Frequently Asked Questions
- Massachusetts - Filing and Payment Extensions and Penalty Relief
- New York - Tax Department Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Rhode Island - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information