About Our Firm
Guilmartin, DiPiro & Sokolowski, LLC (GDS) was founded in 1972 by Welles R. Guilmartin. In the years that followed, six additional partners were appointed.
GDS is a full-service public accounting firm dedicated to serving the needs of individuals, privately-owned businesses, professional practices and the general business community.
Our clients represent a cross section of individuals and businesses seeking professional advice. The individual has a variety of needs as a taxpayer, investor, planner or employee. The business may be a sole proprietor or a multi-stated corporation with hundreds of employees. GDS renders professional and timely service to every client, regardless of size.
Within the business community, we serve clients from a variety of industries including manufacturing, wholesaling, retail, real estate, legal and medical services, construction, transportation, environmental as well as nonprofit organizations. Our profession requires that we submit our practice to periodic outside review of our quality control procedures to ensure adherence to our own high standards as well as those of the AICPA. Our most recent peer review was performed in June 2015 with positive comments and results.
Active in our profession, Guilmartin, DiPiro & Sokolowski, LLC or members of our staff belong to the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) and Tax Section for the AICPA Division for CPA firms
- Central Connecticut Business & Estate Planning Council
- The Alliance
- Association for Long-Term Care and Financial Advisors (ALTCFM)
- Connecticut Community Providers Association (CCPA)
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- Middlesex County Leave a Legacy Advisors
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Control Center (EBPAQC)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Civic organizations including:
- Middletown Kiwanis Club
- Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Rotary Club
- Exchange Club